A car service typically includes an inspection and maintenance of several key systems and components in the vehicle. Here are some of the main items that are typically reviewed during a car service:
- Oil and filter change: The oil and filter are replaced to keep the engine lubricated and clean.
- Brake system: The brake pads and rotors are inspected for wear, and brake fluid levels are checked.
- Suspension and steering: The suspension and steering systems are checked for wear, leaks, and proper alignment.
- Tires: The tires are inspected for wear, proper inflation, and alignment.
- Battery and charging system: The battery and charging system are checked for proper operation and voltage.
- Exhaust system: The exhaust system is checked for leaks and proper operation.
- Cooling system: The coolant level, hoses and the condition of the radiator are inspected for leaks and proper operation.
- Fuel system: The fuel filter and fuel injectors are inspected for proper operation and leaks.
- Electrical system: The lights, wipers, and other electrical components are checked for proper operation.
- Emissions system: The emissions system is inspected for proper operation and emissions compliance.
Please note that the checklist of the inspection and maintenance items can vary between different car models, manufacturers, and service centers. It’s always recommended to consult the owner’s manual or the service center for more information on the specific items that will be checked during your car’s service.